Wednesday, September 28, 2005

At least the dog stayed inside

Last night I was going to go and turn off the sprinkler so I could settle in for Gilmore Girls. As I walked out onto the deck and started down the stairs, I noticed a really, really big cat hanging out by the downstairs back door. By closer inspection, I realized it was not a large cat, but a large raccoon. Since living here I have seen many a dead raccoon on the road, but never a very large, very live one, trying to get into my back door. Luckily my neighbors were outside and I yelled to them to take a look at it, and we noticed that it was acting rather strangely, did not run away from us or act scared in any way. In fact, it acted rather sick. As my neighbor ran to call animal control, I of course ran to get my camera. The pictures aren't great, as I didn't want to get too close to it. It was rather intriguing, watching it scratch on the back door, trying to get into the house. Animal control came and shot it, said it acted like it had distemper. I tried to get some shots of the guy carrying it away, but they're a little blurry.

No comments: