Friday, March 10, 2006

Forgotten Pictures

Since we now live in the digital age
(and since Charles' parents surprised
us with a digital camera-for
purely selfish reasons, they claim),
most of the pics from Paisley's birth
were done with the digital camera. We did
have my old-fashioned camera
(you know, that kind that takes
film) as well, and Charles' mom
took a few with it. I just now finished
the roll and got them developed, 5 months
and 1 week after the birth.

Charles feeding her the first bottle. She was about
15 minutes old in this picture, and had to be
given formula immediately because her blood
sugar was extremely low. I still don't know what
would have happened if they hadn't caught that,
all I know is that she came out listless, scaring the crap
out of me. I was so concerned with watching the nurse tend to
her to make sure she was okay that I didn't notice the delivery
of the placenta (although Charles kindly photographed
it for me), or any of the stitching and repair work.

Snuggling with dad. She still sleeps this way, with
her hands up by her head.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So teeny tiny and precious!