Friday, September 7, 2007

Terrible almost twos

Paisley is almost 2. She definitely acts like it. I always thought the phrase "terrible twos" was just a saying. It's not. She's a little hellion. I'm thinking they act like this because they understand most things, but they can't communicate what they want or how they feel, so they get frustrated easily. I just try to take that into consideration when I'm so frustrated with her, and it usually helps me stay calm and patient. Usually. I can't seem to get anything done with her around, because she is either constantly begging for my attention or getting into something she couldn't. This morning she opened the front door and was headed for the street! So if anyone ever comes to my house, that's why it's a mess. It's so nice to have P to take the blame.

This was way back in June, but I love how she manages to get M&Ms all over her face. And hands. And clothes.


Her other favorite food: chips. Any kind, anywhere.


These colorwonder things are awesome. The markers and fingerpaints are great because they are clear and only work on a certain paper. No messy fingerprints on the wall! The paints do get a little goopy, but when you stick your whole finger in I guess that's what happens. It's a little hard to clean off too. And Paisley? So proud of her, she only tried to eat it once.






Her obsession with shoes has reached a whole new level. She's conned her grandmother into helping her take her shoes off and on. And off. And on. Over and over and over...at least 20 times a day. Same shoes on and off, my shoes, her other shoes. It's a little ridiculous. She takes her sandals off in the car, then gets mad at me because I can't put them on while I'm driving. She picked these tennis shoes out, I would not normally pair a cute dress with tennies.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shoes. On and off at our house too. All. The. Time. And in the car, the first thing Ava does is kick them off and then too gets mad because I can't reach them to give them back to her so she can put them on again. Sigh.

((hugs))

Chastity said...

She's so funny!

Emma in Canada said...

My girls are freaks for shoes. You'll often find Sophie in the closet trying on everyone else's shoes.

Anonymous said...

Those paints are awesome!! What is the brand? I don't know if we have them in Australia but I am definitely going to find out. They're called "Color Wonder" ?