Thursday, December 1, 2005

2 month birthday

We went to the doctor today for Paisley's 2 month checkup. She weighs in at 11 pounds, 13 ounces, which is the 75th percentile. She's 23 3/4 inches, which is still the 90th percentile. The doc says she's doing well, and remarked on how well she's holding her head up. Here she is in her darling holiday outfit from Aunt Bev, happy and unsuspecting of what lays ahead for her.

Getting bundled up, cuz baby it's cold outside. Sorry, cheesy.

Getting her shots, which had to be the saddest thing I've ever seen. I've never heard her scream like that, and Charles and I were both blinking back tears. I think the nurse thought we were a little loony, but it's heartbreaking to see your child in pain.

3 bandaids. She should have gotten 4 shots, but they were out of 1 so I have to take her back next week. I'm not looking forward to that.

After screaming, she immediately passed out, and slept through grocery shopping, the 25 minute drive home, and stayed asleep in her carrier at home, which she's only done one other time. I woke her up to eat, but she passed out again in her cradle. She then passed out again on our bed, in this picture, and is now sleeping on mama. She screams if I put her down. Poor baby, I feel so awful for her.

6 comments:

Beca said...

So sweet. I love the pictures. I wish I was closer.

Ashley said...

I wish you were too. Our girls need to be friends!

Kate said...

TOO CUTE! And don't be embarrassed about being emotional; The Doctor Phil show made me cry today. Wait - that's because I'm crazy. Hmmm. Don't be embarrassed, anyway.

Ashley said...

I'm not embarrassed-everyone I've talked to since then has said the same thing, that they cried when their babies got shots. But Dr. Phil...that is a little creepy.

Unknown said...

I love those little candy cane tights, soooooo cute. I completely understand about being emotional, I would be the exact same way!

MilkMaid said...

She is so precious!!

I cried like a big fat baby with BOTH my boys when they got their first shots and screamed like a cat with their tail under the rocker.

24 years later, I can still hear my Big Kid's cry and it can still make me misty.

..she is just soooooo cute. I can smell Baby Magic~