Wednesday, July 16, 2008

No more daycare drama. Hopefully.

Miss Tina quit (the other teacher), almost as soon as I wrote that post. Something about how she wanted the 7:30-2:30 schedule, but instead they gave her the 9:30-5:30 schedule and she was pissed. So she quit, and is starting a daycare in her home, which she told me I could take P to. Umm...no. She'd probably walk around in her underwear. Today when I dropped P off, Tina was wearing very short shorts, and very revealing top. I know all too well about the tattoo she has on her chest, right above her bra line. So needless to say, I'm not too upset about her leaving. I actually applied there to be a student worker, just to get a few hours here and there while in school. It doesn't pay nearly as well as this job, but at least it would pay for gas. Plus, the experience will be good for my resume. I'm just worried about being around P, and making it harder for her if she sees me a lot, because she'll want to stay attached to me. I just got a call for an interview Friday, so maybe I can express interest in a different age group. Nursery perhaps?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My best friend works at the same parochial elementary school that her kids attend. She explained that when Mommy is working, you can say HI and wave, but that you need to still follow your teacher's directions and rules.

But P still a toddler, right? So maybe that wouldn't work so good. Anyway.... hoping it all works out for you.

angie said...

Glad your hopes for a new teacher came through :) That's awesome!

Chastity said...

I have literally worked with every age group from babies up to seniors in high school, and I found working in the nursery pretty tiring. I think it depends on your preference. I LOVED being with the babies and playing with them. They were super cute. However, the constant diaper changing, heating up bottles, teething issues, crying babies waking up sleeping babies...it was exhausting to say the least. I didn't do it for very long though, and I was only 20, so maybe it'd be different now that I've had a child of my own. You might love it; it's worth a shot :).

Laura said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your header, and I am so glad things are looking up in the school arena for Paisley. It's hard enough to leave them, never mind when you don't like the people you are leaving them with.

Laura said...

hey. My email is laurab.woodruff@gmail.com