Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Recap

I quit my job yesterday. This was both a relief and a sad day. I have the best boss and supervisor ever. Never had anyone like them, and I've had lots of jobs. I've decided that I need to really focus on school so that I can finish in 2 years. Fat lot of good an English degree did. Especially since I can't remember how to write or spell anymore. Advice to anyone going to school: DO WELL! If I had really focused then I could be getting a Master's right now. Sigh...
Instead I'm doing Elementary Ed, which is what I started out with (8 years ago!). It's hard to go to school with a bunch of youngins, I feel old. Especially with my 10 year high school reunion sometime this summer. Seriously? How the hell did that happen? I'm working until right when school starts, so it's still about 6 weeks.

Paisley finally got into the child development center here on campus. She was on the waiting list for 8 months, but it is a great place, the best in the entire city. The only thing that bugs me is that P started out with an amazing teacher, Miss Melody. The student employee what also great, Miss Molly. P LOVED them. They always gave me feedback everyday on how P did. The center ended up switching classes around to make them more age oriented. P was in a room with all ages, up to 4. Now she's in a class with 2-3 year olds. This is all fine and dandy, but I'm not pleased with the new teacher. She's nice enough, but I never see her. When I do, she's always dressed rather skankily. Lots of cleavage and short shorts. This in fine for spare time, but teaching 2 year olds? I find in unprofessional. Then to top it off, they hired a new teacher, Kim. I know Kim. She's from my town, and I have not heard good things about her. Her son used to be babysat by my neighbor, and she didn't really like him. Then Kim opened a daycare in her home, but obviously not doing that anymore. Now when I go to get P, Kim seems to be so frazzled that I can't even talk to her. I'm glad to get her out of her old daycare anyway. It was an older lady, with no kids, who started a daycare in her home. She did all the classes and was licenced, but I had issues with her. First of all, she would make comments about other kids to me and other parents. Talk about unprofessional. Every time I went to pick P up, the kids were sitting at the front door with their coats on, ready to go. Seriously? That's ridiculous. It's sad because for the longest time P would say "No Jean!" everytime we'd get into the car. Even now if we even drive in that neighborhood she freaks out and says "No Jean!"

5 comments:

Laura said...

I love your blog layout. Looks great, I am glad things are working out with school and the child development center----I hope she gets her Miss Melody and Miss Molly back. Whenever a kid can verbalize "No Jean" it is not a good thing. Thank goodness that is over!!! I am glad to see you back blogging. Hope all goes well, Laura

Chastity said...

Wow! That's a major change!! Good luck!!

angie said...

Glad you found a daycare that better suits P and you. Hopefully a change can be made about the teacher.. I just got an invite for my HS reunion this week - 10 yrs freaks me out! I can't believe I'm that old, LoL.

Wendy said...

That is a big change! I often dream of going to nursing school full time, but we could never afford it right now. We would have to sell the house and that isn't happening.

That's awful about P's child care. I work in child care and am still shocked about how unprofessional some of the people I worked with could be. Now that I have a home child care it will be hard to go back again. I love the kids but not dealing with all of the other gossiping and petty girls.

Anonymous said...

1. Seriously, you have the cutest blog layout I have EVER seen! Love the colors, the background, the header. Yeah, it's great!

2. Too bad about having to leave a really good job. But hopefully you're going to finish up school in short order and then have the job you went to school for.

3. I don't have kids yet, but am "this close" to being a foster parent. Just a few more hoops yet to jump. I am personally FREAKED about finding good daycare. I just don't know how people manage that along with everything else in life. Bravo to you and all working parents for whom this is reality.