Sunday, February 5, 2006

Earrings and cereal

Today we took the babe into town and got her
ears pierced. It's been months of internal
debate for me as to whether or not we should
do it, and today I finally said to hell with it. I knew
that if I didn't, I'd be thinking about it all the time.
She did okay, cried for a minute, then was happy
again a few minutes later. Once again, I felt
horrible for purposely inflicting pain on my
child, but at least at this age she won't pull on
her ears and cause infections.

We also decided to try feeding her cereal. I
originally had wanted to wait another month
or so, but it's frustrating when she wants to nurse
every hour, so hopefully with cereal she can last
a little longer between feedings. She seemed to like
it okay, didn't spit it out. I tasted it, it wasn't too bad,
just a little bland.

Playing is hard work.

First cereal




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, they look great! I want to get our little girl's ears pierced as soon as possible too.

Anonymous said...

Hey try buying the banana flavored rice cereal it is much more appealing to them.