Friday, April 7, 2006

This is how small our town is

A few weeks ago when it was nice out, Paisley and I walked to town (I use
that term loosely) to go to the post office (we have to time when we go because
the PO is closed between 12 & 2) and grocery store. I realized when we got home
that Paisley had kicked off one of her socks, a really cute pink sock with an orange
heel and toe, which matched a cute pink and orange outfit. ANYWAY, a few weeks
passed, and I kept meaning to check and see if it had been turned in at either place,
but never made it in. A few days ago I ran to the store because we were out
of diet coke-a staple in our home-and decided to run by the PO as well. No, they
hadn't seen it. I asked at the grocery store, and sure enough, it was sitting up on
a shelf by the register. I mean, this was weeks ago. If it had been any major store,
it would have been trashed long ago. I then had lunch with my neighbor and told
her about it, and she said, "oh, that was Paisley's sock? I've seen it in there." So
not only does that show just how small our town is, but how mundane it is living in the
country, when finding her sock is the highlight of my week.



It's finally warm enough to wear skirts, which P loves because it gives her
easier access to her toes. I should be dressing her in fatigues and combat boots
though, so that we can pick through the rubble of the tornadoes.



Just chillin'

ps. Paisley had her 6 month (!!) checkup this week. She's 16 pounds, 14 ounces, which is the 70th percentile, and 27 1/4 inches, putting her in the 95th percentile.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's too funny about the sock! She looks so happy sitting up on her boppy :)