Tuesday, October 17, 2006

She needs to learn how to talk

I decided to go with picture number 1. It received
just a few more votes than number 4. It seems
like I've really slowed down on taking pictures
lately, maybe because this kiddo never sits
still, so getting one that isn't blurry can be a challenge.
Turning 1 has been a real turning point for P.
She's really changed just in the past 2 weeks.
She loves to cuddle now, which she would
never do before. She hugs toys, cups, whatever,
but also will periodically come over to Charles
or myself and lay her cute little head on our leg
and sit there for a minute before returning to
play. She also signs for "more," which she has
done for awhile, but I now think it also means
"hungry" or "feed me!" I always ask her where
something is, and put my hands up in the "I
don't know" position. Elbows bent, palms up.
It's hard to describe. Anyway, this morning
I started asking her where things were and
she would make that gesture. She also found
her way into the bathtub (on daddy's watch),
where she seemed to be having a grand old
time playing with her toys. She must have
fallen in, but didn't get hurt. Pretty scary,
as we always keep the doors closed, but our
crazy cat reopens them if we don't lock them.
We have to be even more careful now to
watch where she is. I also found her eating
an earring this morning. Lovely.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's so cute I could eat her up :) I love that big smile (in the 1st picture of course, hehe)

Tonya said...

all the pictures were gorgeous and would be hard to choose from. I love that bath pic!! I know what you mean about slowing down on the pictures.. I have been doing the same thing as well because Randie never stays still either. We just got back from our vaca in Canada and believe it or not I did not take many pics.. arrg