Thursday, January 26, 2006

Thank you

As some of you may know, my mother passed away on September 17, 2004, after battling leukemia/lymphoma for 8 years. She fought the disease for as long as she could, and we're extremely proud of her determination and will. Unfortunately she wasn't able to attend my wedding, nor see her 1st grandson or 2nd granddaughter. She touched a lot of lives, as she was an amazing woman, smart, extremely artistic, witty, etc. Since her death, two women have competed in marathons, and dedicated their runs in honor of my mother. My best friend, Ginny, just recently told me that she is going to run a marathon with an organization called Team in Training, which raises money to research blood cancers. I am touched, honored and brought to tears when I think of what she is doing for my family, myself, and most importantly, my mother. If you have the means, please donate here.

No comments: