Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What the hell?

Charles told me about this today when he got home. Did anyone else hear about it? It makes me sick...

Police ignored woman’s pleas
Tape shows two officers dismissed repeated calls for help. Department plans an investigation.
By CHRISTINE VENDEL
The Kansas City Star

Police tape of the arrest of Sofia Salva video
Two Kansas City police officers repeatedly ignored a pregnant woman’s claims that she was bleeding and needed medical help, a police videotape released Tuesday shows.
Sofia Salva told officers nine times during the first five minutes of the stop that she was bleeding or wanted to go to a hospital. After the ninth request, a female officer asked: “How is that my problem?”
Salva requested help at least 12 more times during the 30-minute encounter nearly a year ago. The officers arrested her for traffic violations, including a fake temporary license tag, and outstanding city warrants.
The next morning, after being released, she delivered a premature baby boy who lived one minute, according to a lawsuit Salva filed Friday.

Read the rest of the story and see the police video here.

6 comments:

Chastity said...

That is heartbreaking!

Erin said...

That is so sad! How horrible that they didn't help her!

Morgan said...

Ohmygoodness, so sad!

Tonya said...

That is sick.. it really ticks me off that nobody helped her *sigh*

I did the how will I die quiz and apparently I am going to kill myself.. lol

Unknown said...

That makes me sick... I hope those officers are fired then seriously penalized. Seriously penalized!!! So sad!!

Laura said...

May these officers pay a high price for such flagrant disregard for a human being.