Friday, January 12, 2007

Back from Happy Valley

We're back from Utah, but now we're all sick. Paisley started coughing as soon as we touched down in KS, and has since spread it to Charles and myself. I guess it's good that we weren't sick on vacation. We had a great time in Utah, although it went to quickly, and we weren't able to see all the people we had intended. You'd think in 10 days that we could get everything accomplished, but


no, we didn't. I wanted to post sooner and more info, but I've just felt so crappy. Plus, she's in bed so I want to go lie down as well! Once things settle down, I'll put up some cute videos. Paisley has learned SO much over the past 2 weeks, it's just incredible. She's like an entirely different child.


She loves the piano. Every piano she saw, she had to pound on the keys. She especially enjoyed playing duets.
She is now OBSESSED with chairs. She went for her cousin's chairs immediately, and now that we're home, she'll climbs into the two small chairs she has. She'll also climb into our big glider, then watch me as she stands in it. She has started to figure out which buttons to push to get mama mad. Well, not mad exactly, but she knows she gets attention that way.


She is also obsessed with shoes and coats. The whole time we were in Utah, she would bring me her shoes and ask to put them on. Ask as in whine and cry until I did it. She would also find her coat and make whoever was around put it on her. I thought this would end once we got home, but no, it hasn't. Charles got up with her this morning, and when I got up, she was wearing her coat over her pjs.

We found her the cutest, coolest shoes ever. She loved them the moment she saw them and wore them around the store. Charles and I loved them too, so we got them for her. They're just too dang cute to pass up. They also came in pink and orange, but Charles insisted on the green. We paid more than I would normally feel comfortable paying for a pair of baby shoes (more than $10), but how rockin are they?

I'd post more, but I'm going to take a nap.

3 comments:

Emma in Canada said...

They are some funky, and I also love the pink boots.

Glad you had a good holiday, but sorry to hear you're sick.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the shoes! So cute.. Ava is also obsessed w/ shoes, but she doesn't ask us to put them on her. She would rather chew on them. Which, now that she walks is just plain gross!

PS - I hope your flight home was much better then your trip out!

Tonya said...

yes those are funky shoes.. cool! Im glad you all had a good time and the pictures are great :) I hope you have a good rest and are all feeling better real soon!