Monday, February 19, 2007

I like toddlers

I LOVE this stage Paisley is in. She constantly has me laughing, while she looks at me like, "what the hell woman?" She's always jibber-jabbering about something, and I would love to know what's going through her little head. Full on conversations on her phone (things used as a phone: remote, alarm clock, ball), getting into EVERYTHING, testing mama and daddy constantly. Right now she's leaving the room ( I can hear her little footsteps up and down the hall), then she'll burst in and yell at me. Over and over. She gets me to leave the computer to fill her cup, and while I'm doing that she run as fast as possible (which is still pretty slow) to the computer so she can pound on the keyboard. She's really into learning about her face, and has been able to point out her nose, eyes, mouth, ear, head, hair and bellybutton for awhile now, and lately she's realized that mama has a bellybutton too! And daddy has a nose! She points to everything on our face over and over while we tell her nose! mouth! ear! nose! head! nose! She tries to poke the cat's noses, but they've been rather unhappy with the child lately. Unfortunately, growling, hissing and biting don't deter Paisley and she still chases and pokes and pulls hair. I think they'll all just have to have it out one of these days and make their peace.

Paisley is like mama and gets really annoyed at inanimate objects. I'm sure when she really starts to talk some unlady-like things may come out of her mouth when the piano trips her or she steps on a really spiky toy. Her latest frustration was with an old ice cream bucket that she wanted on her head. Her head was just too big for the bucket to stay on, so daddy got out her really cool pink winter hat, and she wore that for a few days. The days that it actually got above freezing. The picture quality progressively gets worse, but show me someone with a 16 month old and good pictures!!

Isn't this mess impressive? That's just one small corner of the house.

Here's proof that it's impossible to take her picture. Everytime I try she attacks me. I'm literally on my back, trying to get away from her, but she just chased me around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! It's soooo hard to get pictures of Ava too! I've got a few pictures of her hand covering the lense!

Erin said...

Hailey does the same thing with phones, she uses the remote a lot and one time she even used this star fish sponge thing in the tub...gotta love their imaginations! :o)

Oh my gosh that is too cute, I love that she wore that hat around the house and in that video it was so cute how she adjusted the hat on her head LOL she is just too cute for words! She looks like so much fun!