Monday, February 5, 2007

Into everything

Paisley is into EVERYTHING. She's learned how to open our doors. Open and shut. Open and shut. Luckily the lock from the outside, and we've been keeping them locked anyway because of the cat. She has also learned about drawers, and regularly empties them or rearranges their contents. As I was typing this, I heard my music turn off and the tv start talking. Oh crap, I forgot to put her big hippo chair in the rocking chair. I ran out there, and sure enough she's sitting in the chair with her drink and the remote. We don't like her to be in the chair because she stands on it. And rocks. It scares the crap out of me. She's fearless, standing on anything, climbing on anything.

We went to our neighbors for a superbowl party, although it consisted of the men sitting downstairs watching the game, and the women upstairs talking about kids. Is that how it works now? Paisley was a menace, of course. Somehow she managed to get the bag of cheetos off of the table, dumped a bunch out, and shared them with her 9 month old friend. This was before she dumped a glass of wine all over herself. Okay, I don't mean to sound like she drives me nuts, I actually find most of this stuff amusing, but when we're at someone else's house, I feel bad.


Reading her books is a new obsession. That and tormenting the cats and feeding the dog. She brings us books and then climbs into our lap so we can read to her. Love that. Maybe she'll be a reader like me.

Does this house seem a little, oh I don't know, BIG? Out of place? This is now our view out the front window.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your friends have a nine month old... I'm sure they think it's cute!!! (it is!) We're trying to get Amelia addicted to books too...I am such a reader it's not even funny. My husband is NOT. So hopefully she'll get my genes on that one!

The house will just add on to your property value :)

Chastity said...

Well, it can only bring up the value of your house, right??

Oh, and Lila LOVES books too. I'm so happy about that.