Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Toys

Has anyone been hearing about this girl that disappeared from Overland Park, KS? It's especially creepy because this girl just graduated from the same high school I attended, the same school that my dad still teaches at. She was abducted at the Target that was just built by my dad, by the mall that I grew up going to all the time. The same mall I was planning to take my friend tomorrow. The same Target my sister-in-law shops at because there was a shooting at the Target by her house. I NEVER would have imagined something happening there.

In Paisley news, she's been having some fun in the sun, as cheesy as that sounds. I painted her toes for the first time, which was a very proud moment for me. And I know that her shoes are too small, we got some bigger ones for her to wear.

I got a new toy, a little lion head bunny, whom I've named Rodrigo. I'm not sure yet if it's a boy or girl, but Roddy suits it just fine. We actually just call it bunny anyway. Or as P says, "Buh-ee."

Paisley also got a new toy this week. Remember when I made a silly little joke that her grandparents should get her a Little Tykes slide because she envied her neighbor's slide? Well, I opened the front door yesterday to this!! I think I actually screamed, I was so surprised.

And I set it up myself. Okay, I had a little help, but not much.

I also tried to teach P how to drink from a cup.
Didn't work so well.



Random pictures of Paisley getting more use out of the step than me, and the reason why she can't watch "shows" all day.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute bunny. How many pets do you have?!? When we made our last move to the place we live now we got rid of all pets. I couldn't handle them anymore and BAWLED my eyes out..

Wendy said...

such a cute bunny! We had one just like that when I was little! My demented stepdad named him "crock pot"!!

I can not wait until I can paint Lani's toes! I tried once and it was a mess! Next I may try when she is asleep:)

I did hear about that girl this morning! I called my sister right away to see if it was near where she lives. I didn't get a hold of her so I looked it up! I can't believe all the things that connect you to the girl!! I hope she is found safe!

Erin said...

How on earth did you get her to sit still long enough to paint her toes?? We've been thinking about painting Hailey's, but we could only do it when she's sleeping and we haven't been able to yet.

OMG that is the coolest slide!! Wow she is so lucky!!

Cute bunny. We had one, we named it "bunbun"...yea cute I know...he was so cool, he would jump around and buck like a bucking bronco, and he loved to lick D's nose. But he got too big for his cage and he peed on the wall a lot, so we gave him to a couple that raises bunnies, and he got a wife and had tons of babies before he died. Love bunnies. So cute.

Chastity said...

I hadn't hear about the missing girl. That is so scary! You just never know when/where something like that is going to happen.

BTW, when I saw that pic of her sandals, I was thinking "girl needs some new shoes!"...glad to hear those are being retired.

Tonya said...

aww the slide is great :) That will keep her busy awhile!! The bunny is too cute as well :)