Thursday, June 14, 2007

You've got to be kidding

Last night I made plans to go out with an old friend of mine, and when I say out, I mean like no kids, to a bar, have some drinks and just have a good time. We decided to go to the Owl Bar at
Sundance, which unless you live in your ass everyone should have at least heard of. Anyway, it's GORGEOUS up this canyon, I just absolutely love it. It's probably one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. So we drive up to the Owl Bar (if you click on the link and look at the picture, that's totally where I sat. I'm so cool.) which is really cool and cabinny and homey, with lots of wood and a fireplace. And we had fun. I got to catch up with an old friend and talk to a tatoo artist about piercings (since I have 11-sorry dad, just ignore that part). There was no cell phone service though, but I figured it wasn't a huge deal, I'd put P to bed before I left, and I could just call Charles once I was in service. We left a little before 12 and I called Charles and the first thing he tells me is that he talked to his mom and Paisley was throwing up. Then I checked my messages, 2 of them about P throwing up. Luckily it's only about a 15 minute drive home, so I ran inside to see my daughter white as a sheet, and then proceeded to watch her dry heave for the next few hours. That has got to be the worst feeling in the world, not only to watch your children miserable, but to feel so incredibly guilty to not have known, to not have been there. Anyway, long story short, we have a rocky night. P finally fell asleep around 1:30ish, but I was awake at every sound she made, so I slept like crap, not to mention I was already not feeling hunky dory from my night out. P seems better today, but has a fever and won't eat. She's napping now. What I'm worried about is we were supposed to leave for CA tomorrow. Luckily my friend that I'm going with is completely flexible and we could leave Saturday if needed. There's my drama. Oh, and I was supposed to go to IKEA today. Oh well. I just can't believe that she's sick again, because she JUST DID THIS!!!!

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Oh, I would have felt so guilty as well. I hope that she is all better, just a 24 hour thing. Hope you have a fun trip to CA!

Erin said...

I hope she's better soon, that's the worst having to watch them sick like that! Get well soon P!!

Laura said...

Oh, what a nightmare to have a sick child on vacation! I hope she feels better very soon and you get home with ease!

Wendy said...

AWW! Isn't that always the way!! You finally get out and then poor baby gets sick! I hope that she is feeling better by now.