Tuesday, July 10, 2007

It's getting hot in heeeeeerrrrrrreeee

I'm amazed that people are still reading this blog. Thank you. I still read all my blogs, I just have been so lazy at commenting. Commenting involves moving, and moving involves sweating, which I've been trying really unsuccessfully not to do. Some people are a little naive about Kansas/the midwest, so I'll set you straight. It's effing hot here. Humid. You just have to walk outside to instantly be wet. It's an all around horrible feeling.

Besides not moving, we have gotten up enough courage to venture to the pool. That's a nice break, although P tolerates it for only short periods of time. Then she tries to climb in other people's baby carriers, steal other little pink shoes, until we have to go home. There is a nice baby pool, surprisingly enough, and it's free as long as we promise not to go into the big pool.

We had a good fourth...there was a block party (is that just a small town thing) which was really quite fun. Paisley held out until just after 10, (remember, this is the child that goes down every night at 7:30) but I'd had enough fireworks and mosquitoes at that point. The next night there was another party on a neighbor's driveway. That seems to be the trend around here, gathering all your friends and all your lawn chairs and drinking on your driveway and watch people drive by. I'm hoping that when my family comes to town that we can do that as well so that we'll start to fit in.

Back to Paisley, she is most definitely a Bartholomew, or maybe it's just Lee. She loves all things tiny. When we were in Utah she loved the tiny chair, she loved her cousin's tiny cars (which I still can't find anywhere. Does anyone know anything about those micro mini cars?), the tiny tea set. At home she's got quite a few tike sized chairs, a doll stroller that she insists in getting in, and now a tiny picnic set and baking set. Anyway, she insists on eating off of the tiny plates and with the silverware, putting jelly bellys on various plates. My favorite though (and the reason for this paragraph) is when she ate her peaches and cream with a tiny tiny spoon. And scooped out every last drop.




My friend thinks I'm evil for putting my kid on a leash. It works. And now she'll go find it and bring it to me, asking to wear "the bear." So it can't be evil if she asks for it, right? She's also at the stage where she mimicks everything. See last post. For example, whenever I sweep the floor, she has to run and find her broom and help. It's really cute and sweet and all, but kind of annoying because she ends up sweeping dirt everywhere. Also when I scrub the floor, she has to have her own rag. Love that part. Tons of new and cute stuff she's doing and saying lately, but I'm a bad mom and don't write down (remember) what it is she's doing. She's pretty damn cute though. She also ASKED me to paint her toenails black. Okay, not for the color, but she found this bottle, so I figured what the hell. She'll be the only girl on the block with black toenails.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I have a feeling Lani is going to need one of those leashes?!? I can't wait until i can paint Lani's toes:) I made a sad attempt the other day while she was sleeping! She stayed asleep, but kept moving. (I bought Lani those sandals for her bday)

Erin said...

Ok I don't have time to read your post but I wanted to reply to your comment...I didn't go to the town between us, I went to the other one on the opposite side :o) What are you going to that town for? Email me or message me on MySpace if you want, I'll check it later.

Anonymous said...

I keep coming back, because P is sooooooo stink'n cute I can't stay away!

..I gotta paint Ava's toes some day too!

Chastity said...

Wow, Paisley's hair looks like it's gotten quite blonde. She is always so funny and cute!

Joanna said...

We bought the same leash for Pumpkin, but she pitches a fit when we try to put it on her. She refuses to sit in a shopping cart and wants to be carried! I have to thank her daddy for that one. By the way...I love the black toe nail polish...Too cute!

Erin said...

I love it how she likes small stuff, that is so cute...eating w/ that tiny little spoon! :o) I loved everything tiny when I was little too. P's really a little girl now, I can't wait for Hailey to be at that age(at the same time I'm sad my baby's growing up).

I thought about one of those leashes for Hailey, but everybody thinks they're HORRIBLE...ok I used to be one of those people before I had kids, and now I see the necessity of them...so I haven't bought one yet. I'm afraid Hailey would just act like my in-laws beagles anyway...if you try to take them on a walk they pull so hard on the leashes they just choke and strangle themselves.

MO is the same way w/ the heat, minus the KS wind.

And btw, we used to have block parties on the road we used to live on(and are still good friends w/ all the old neighbors even though we've all moved). And we'd sit out in one driveway every night and drink tea and talk. Oh the good ol days...