Sunday, July 1, 2007

Oh shit

How is it July already? It's all going too quickly, my baby will be 2 in only 3 months. That seems impossible to me. I've realized over the past few years that I detest fireworks. They're pretty and all (although a waste of money) but on ONE NIGHT ONLY. What is it with people doing fireworks every night for the entire week before and after the fourth? They're loud. They're obnoxious. Worst of all, they wake up my baby and that really ticks me off.

I would have posted last night, but someone sent me home with 2500 pictures to put on our computer, causing it to choke, while I tried desperately to give it mechanical CPR. It's still coughing.

Paisley and I are glad to be home, although being here makes me realize how much I do miss Utah and that side of the family and our friends. We were able to catch up with quite a few people and I enjoyed myself. I'm not sure P enjoyed herself, but she's 1. It's still about me for awhile. Charles is definitely glad to have us home, and I love being able to make him change poops and give baths. He's got a lot of time to make up for. He also likes having a little monkey around the house, a monkey that will mimick everything. The other morning while we were lazying on the couch, he told P to say 'shit.' "Sit!" she says. So I playfully smack him on the arm. What does Paisley do? Yells "sit" while smacking us. Over and over and over.

Paisley only got one full day with her grampa in Utah, so we tried to make the best of it. We went to Thanksgiving Point, ate lunch, rode the ponies, petted the animals, got really hot. Someone was getting married that day, which would have been beautiful, but I felt really bad for the bride because it was just sweltering.


She's clinging to my arm for dear life, while I try to keep up with the ponies in my heels.

Another day we went to Olive Garden for lunch, and P learned to put olives on her fingers. See? See the olive mom?
My MIL has some crazy obsession with pigs. They are all over her house, although I don't believe she really buys herself that many. Paisley loved them, sat with them, fed them fruit cups, played the piano with them. There is a picture floating around somewhere of P playing the piano with a pig in a chair on the piano bench next to her. I can't find it though.

7 comments:

Chastity said...

Ha, that's funny...when Lila says "sit" it sounds like "shit"...

Kate said...

I honestly don't know how all those pictures got loaded...

At least I'm not a COMB THIEF!

Much Love,
Kate of Le monde de Kate de fromage

Joanna said...

I can't stand the fireworks people let off the week before and after the fourth either. I don't understand what the point is. And frankly it is always too hot to go and sit at 9pm to watch the nice fireworks, and with a toddlers bed time at 8, we will not be going this year.

Anonymous said...

I share the same sentiments on it being July already. Where has the year gone?!?!!

Welcome back home!

Tonya said...

Time is going by too fast.. I cannot believe P will be almost 2 already... love the pics as usual :)

the boyd girls.... said...

How fun getting to ride a pony! Since I am scared of all animals like that... not sure if my girls will ever get to ride those! :)
P is cute as always!

Kristin said...

I've heard all sort of fun things about Thanksgiving Point, but I've never been. It sounds like you all had a great time!

I totally love that P is eating olives from her fingers. That's the best way to do it :)