Thursday, May 11, 2006

A built in best friend

My neighbor (and friend) had her baby girl
last Thursday. Paisley and I went to see them in
the hospital before we left for our trip, but the
baby had fluid on her lungs and was in isolation,
so I could only peek at her through the window.
Today my friend called to let me know she was
home so P and I went over to meet the new baby,
Sydnee. She was 9 pounds, 6 ounces when she
was born, but seeing her next to Paisley makes
her look tiny. I never thought I'd forget P being
that small, but even after only 7 months, I can't
really remember her being so little. Technically,
the two girls are the same age, and will be in the
same class in school, but at this point the differences
are (obviously) huge.

Like I mentioned last week, P has been so
grumpy! I'm sure she's teething, I just didn't
realize it could take so long for something
to pop out. We got home from our trip last night,
where she was out of sorts, but I figured that was
from being out of her environment, etc. Today
has been the day from hell! She's now taking her
3rd nap, and when she's awake, all she does is cry.
I've shoved tylenol down her throat a few times,
but that always makes me feel guilty, since I don't really
know for sure that she's teething, but it does seem
to help. I just have to check on her every once
in awhile to make sure she's breathing! Yes, I'm
a little paranoid.

Isn't this just the saddest face?

3 comments:

Miguel said...

Lovely Baby!

Kisses from Matilde!

Unknown said...

Poor thing!! Hopefully it will pass soon. I check on A all the time to make sure she's breathing :)

Emmakirst said...

Awwww, it's so hard when you can't figure out whats wrong with them. I defeinately think she's teething though, especially if her nose is runny and she's cranky. The tylenol won't hurt, i know they sometimes can get earaches too with teething. :(

What a big difference in size! I bet my Ava next to the new baby would big quite a difference too.