Wednesday, July 5, 2006

9 month checkup


If I was a funny person, then I'd write something
really witty and clever as a caption for this picture.
Since I'm not...

Our neighborhood had a firework battle last night.
Paisley slept through the entire thing. She was
in bed, but I was astounded that she didn't wake
up. I think I drove Charles crazy because I kept
telling him how astounded I was that she didn't
wake up.

I just got back from taking P to her 9 month
check up. No shots this time, woohoo!! The doctor
walked in and saw her hair do and started
laughing. I'm not sure if I should have been offended
or not. Anyway, she's 29 1/4 inches (95th %), and
18.5 pounds (40th %). I was a little concerned
because the doctor gives a sheet for the parents
to mark what the baby has or has not accomplished,
and you stop marking it when you circle 3 'no's.'
I think I was done by question 4. I was also concerned
since P shows no real interest in crawling or
pulling herself up, or even rolling over for that
matter. The doctor said she was "absolutely perfect,"
and not to worry. I guess I already knew that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My doc keeps telling me not to worry as well. (easy for him to say!) Oh and he keeps harping on me to get my rubella shot. Ho hum.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. Look at those eyes!!!

betsy said...

He was probably laughing to cover his jealousy of her beautiful locks!

Kristin said...

Who need fireworks when you need beauty sleep (It's working for her!)

Tonya said...

That first picture rocks!! I can think of a million captions for that one..lol I think her hair is adorable.. glad the appointment went well :)

Chastity said...

I'm no baby expert by any means, but I did spend time working with babies your daughter's age during my college years. It seemed that a lot of them never crawled...they just skipped it and went straight into the walking...maybe she's one of those.