Monday, July 17, 2006

Progress.

We're pulling ourself up! And taking
steps! Somehow Charles managed
to teach her these 2 things while I
took a 10 minute bath. 10 minutes.
And I spend all day with the kid.
I guess it's the same reason she only
says "dada."


From this position, she can pull herself
up into a stand. She'll only do it
holding onto someone's hands, not
with furniture.

Then she starts taking steps. This
is pretty phenomenal (to me) since
she never before has moved her feet
to walk. Never. She concentrates
really really hard on moving those
feet, and sometimes she swings them
way too far and falls down, but it's
so cute. She's trying so hard.
I think the cutest thing was to hear
Charles (while I was still in the tub)
say over and over to her, "I'm so
proud of you!"

This has nothing to do with walking
or pulling up, she just looked so
damn cute with the big frilly bow
in her hair.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You honestly have one of the MOST beautiful babies I have EVER seen!!! She is gorgeous!

My hubby is the same way... 10 minutes, and he has her belly laughing or rolling onto her stomach or reaching out for toys! Jeez!!

I wanted to ask you about your swaddling (I saw your comment on Dazed's site). Do you swaddle tightly or loosely? Amelia works her way out of the swaddle now but she sleeps sooooo much better with it!

Kristin said...

Walking? Wow! It looks like she is going to skip crawling!

She looks so cute in blue too. It makes her blue eyes stand out even more :)

Tonya said...

she is too adorable.. I love all the pics!! and she is one of the most adorable babies I have ever seen :) and clever as well!!