Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Is it bad...

that I got so frustrated with my child tonight that I put her to bed an hour early? Screaming and whining all day, wanting to be held, but then wiggling off of my lap to the floor, then screaming because she's back on the floor. Over and over. And over. I finally stuck her in her stroller and took a long walk (since it's 70 degrees outside-it's not really Thanksgiving, is it?) which she seemed to enjoy. Fed her some of my ice cream sandwich, and watched her face turn bright red when it was all gone and I had nothing else to give her. I now understand why parents buy treats for their kids just to get them to shut up. But the kid does love her sweets. So when I finally had had enough screaming, I put her down at 6:30, and of course she felt right asleep.



It's not all bad though, even though I make it sound that way. She's really a pleasure to be with, so funny and curious and adorable. She loves to come crawl into my lap when I'm on the floor and just sit on my lap, which still blows me away, I mean, isn't she a tiny baby? How do I have a toddler? That is sort of walking and talking and letting us know EXACTLY what she wants. She loves to be cuddled, and especially loves to fall asleep on daddy's lap. She lives for shutting doors, and gets a big grin when she hears it slam, but then gets really upset if she realizes that mom is NOT in the room with her. Buttons are a new passion as well. She always has to go to her diaper warmer and push the button that makes it light up. Over and over and over. Then the buttons on her cd player. And the buttons on the remote, the phone, my cell phone...I apologize if anyone has gotten a crank call from me. Not intentional. She likes to "talk" on the phone, putting it somewhere by her head like mom does, but she also puts the remote on her head, so she hasn't quite differentiated the two. She knows exactly which bar on the kitchen chair turns, and she'll stand and turn that bar around and around. She loves loves loves to climb. I already mentioned that the couch is cordoned off, but when we're outside she climbs the one porch step up and down, up and down, and anything else inside that is in anyway climbable.
Wow, reading this I realize that this is ALL ABOUT PAISLEY and rather dull to those who don't care about the life of a 13 month old. But, I guess that was the point...

4 comments:

Tonya said...

I love the pic and no your not a bad mom..lol I know how stressful it can be sometimes but in the end they are all worth it and when they do something super cute you just forget all about it!

Kate said...

It honestly sounds like she was tired. So putting her to bed seems like an excellent idea.

You are the BEST MOM!

I think wee children are endlessly fascinating,
Crazy Aunt Kate of Le Monde de Kate du Fromage

Chastity said...

I always liked buttons too...even when I was much older than Paisley...elevator buttons and soda machine buttons especially.

Anonymous said...

Ava puts the remote to her head too like she's "talking" on it.

I was hoping the screaming was a short-lived stage.. but I'm starting to see it isn't.. ugh. That's one phase I could do WITHOUT!