Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sick AGAIN

Daddy plays all the fun games.

How is it possible that Paisley was sick last week, got over it, and is now sick again? That just doesn't seem fair. I can hear her coughing all night, she has snot dripping all day, but she doesn't seem too effected. No fever, and she's still eating like a horse. Ugh, I can hear her now in the next room, she sounds miserable. Luckily she doesn't wake up when she coughs. I guess 13 months is a pretty good stretch of time to not be sick. All of her little friends in the neighborhood have snot noses, so I can't be too surprised that it finally caught up with her. I just didn't think it would happen twice! She's gotten to like the tylenol so much that when I get it out of the drawer she very eagerly starts signing for "more."



We signed up for satalite internet, which will hopefully be better than the dial-up we currently have, and I can post pictures more frequently. She's got so much personality for such a little person. She's definitely a mama's girl, although she adores her daddy. I think she's just more used to him being gone, so she's afraid I'll leave her. She often waves bye bye to daddy, even if he's not leaving. She loves going to the store, since she sits in the cart and flirts and jabbers at everyone we walk by. She even had one little girl (around 8?) following us around the baby department for awhile, picking up her dropped (thrown) toys and snacks. It's amazing how a little baby can get any person to smile, man or woman, young or old. I've never seen anyone NOT smile back at her.



We've had to gate off our living room area because P has figured out how to climb onto the couch, and would jump off the back of it if we'd let her. Charles caught her the other day about to do just that and grabbed her by the foot before she landed on her head. She's just fearless at this stage, and it can be quite scary. She's been trying to go down the stairs, even though we have a gate to block them. There's just enough room below the gate for the cats to slip down, and she's figured out she can get her body down too, just not her head. I thank my father for teaching her how to go down stairs.

She's also very 'helpful' at this stage. Helping with laundry, helping to decorate the house, feeding the dog. Here she is folding my underwear. I missed the shots where she got it around her neck.



We made our reservations to go see Charles' family in Utah for New Years. We ended up getting P a seat, because I can't imagine trying to hold a 15 month old in our laps for 2.5 hours. I figure if she's strapped into her car seat she won't fight as much. Plus, she got a portable dvd player for her birthday, so hopefully that'll keep her attention. But, if anyone has suggestions on travelling with a toddler, please feel free to let me know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how babies turn completely stoic adults into mush :)

I have those same VS underwear... maybe Amelia will help me fold them next year! lol!

angie said...

Sorry to hear she's sick again. Ava just got over a snotty nose, and now I have it. Lovely.

Ava's flown twice, last time she was only 6 months. I know it's not the same as with a 15 month old, but I found toys that suction cupped onto the tray. That way she could play with them but not throw them everywhere.

Good luck!

Emmakirst said...

Awwww, sorry she's sick again!!

I love the pictures, especially helping you with the laundry.

I hate the fearlessness that they have at this age. It's nerve wracking!

You'll have to tell me how good the satellite internet is, I can only get dial up where I live and the only other option is satellite. I haven't heard much about it and before I spend all that money on it, it'd be great to hear how it is, as opposed to my wonderful dial up access.

I sure hope she's feeling better soon!

Tonya said...

aww poor girl is sick again. I hope she feels better real soon.

I just travelled on an 8 hour flight with Randie and it was not easy.. urrg.. hopefully P likes to be read to.. because books might help. Also make sure she has a soother or bottle on take off to help with her ears popping. Randie screamed and screamed.. and we think that is what caused it although she had a soother. All you can do is do your best to entertain her.. I was also travelling alone with her so it was tough carrying all the stuff.. lol

Kate said...

Well, Kate the SAFETY DOG certainly likes the idea of the Paisley having her own seat and therefore the car seat…

As for the flight, you might consider the Benadryl option (ask your doctor, but I’ve read that there is an appropriate dose for a child OVER one). As you probably know, it’s the same ingredient as a lot of sleep medicines (as it's a sedative as well as an antihistamine) and I think it has the same ingredients as one of the varieties of Dramamine...

Ah yes, says the woman with only KITTEN CHILDREN, if all else fails, DRUG THE CHILD.

Benadryl could help with a snotty nose,
It would soothe hives, too…
Crazy Kate of Le Monde de Kate du Fromage

Kristin said...

I hope she starts feeling better soon over there!

I love the helping picture. Is she learning how to give wedgies already?! :)