Sunday, November 5, 2006

Snot and stuff



Paisley is sick. For the first time in her entire 13 months. She woke up yesterday with a nose full of snot, and has been coughing and sneezing. She even threw up today. She doesn't really seem to feel all that bad, although she did fall asleep while nursing today, which she hasn't done for at least 4 months. I've been giving her Tylenol every few hours, and she carries the bottle around with her the rest of the time. She even brought it to me yesterday and signed for more, then screamed when I wouldn't give her any. Hopefully this isn't a look into our future of drug-dependant children.


She's still taking about 4 steps at a time, although she can stand for quite awhile before falling over. She gets SO excited when she walks, but then flings herself onto me and falls over. I think she could walk further if she tried. She also says "DOGGO!!" quite often. I'm not really sure if it means anything, but it sure sounds like it. And since the thing that most often comes out of my mouth during the day is "MAGGIE GO!!" I wouldn't be at all surprised if she really was mimicking me. We were talking to Grandma on the phone the other day, so I held it up for P, who usually backs away from it or tries to push buttons, but this time she just said "HI!" She also crawls around and jabbers to herself all day, but lately I've noticed that she'll randomly stop and put her hands up in the air in the "I don't know" pose. Asking and answering her own questions. Like why doesn't mama give me halloween candy like daddy does? Why do the cats always run away from me?


Pulling out all the cds is our newest favorite game.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby :( It's no fun when they are sick. I hope she feels better soon!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, she's so smart!! I love her adorable little personality.

I hope she gets better quickly, it's so sad when they're sick and you can't do anything :(

Tonya said...

aww sorry to hear she is sick and hope she is better soon.. The pics are so cute.. she is as adorable as always.

Emmakirst said...

Awww, I hope she's feeling better. I'm sure she'll be walking up a storm before you know it!

Anonymous said...

I hope she feels better soon. THe nursing should help boost those antibodies! My daughter got sick for the first time last month (at 6 months) and I was surprised since I'm nursing.

Kate said...

I tell you, in THIS family, that’s a MIRACULOUSLY long time not to get ill. And I hope she continues to be hardy (and sleep through the coughing). KNOCK ON WOOD!

Mom mentioned the couch. I though maybe if it had legs you could put those furniture risers on it and then it might be too tall for her to climb on (isn’t it a low couch?). Of course, then perhaps she might crawl UNDER it…

SEE YOU SOON!!!

Love,
Crazy Kate of Le Monde de Kate du Fromage

Kate said...

Oh.

I meant to post that on the ABOVE entry.

Never mind,
Crazy Kate of Le Monde de Kate du Fromage