Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The closest she's ever gotten to crawling

This is usually where P sits while I'm on the
computer, in our spare room, as there's no other
place to put the office, yet. The view of her is
how I see her, sitting at the desk. Tonight she
was pretty cranky, and I had her sitting there,
and she was just desperate to get to me, crying
and reaching, when voila! she started to get the
idea of, "hey, I can move myself!"



First attempt. Her left leg swings
behind her, but she hasn't figured
out to move her other leg back, so
she ends up in an awkward (and I'm sure
uncomfortable) position. Actually, it
resembles a yoga position I was doing
earlier today, but I don't think she's
looking for zen. Maybe a milk zen.

Then we fall all the way forward, and get really
angry, because we HATE TO BE ON OUR
STOMACH. And yes, she is playing with a credit
card. Target. I'm teaching her early.

5 comments:

Tonya said...

oh look out mommy... if she is hitting her tummy from sitting she will be crawling in no time...lol

Kristin said...

Ha! She's probably thinking about going on a shopping spree with that card :)

Unknown said...

I think she's saying, "take me shopping, mommy... or else!!" hahaha!

Kate said...

Is she eating a Twizzler in that first shot? Just curious...

I skipped crawling to some extent, evidently, and just stood up and hurled myself at things. It explains a lot.

Ashley said...

No, it's actually the same credit card. She's already a sugar addict, (since she won't eat anything unless it has fruit on it) I'm afraid of what might happen if we gave her candy.