Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Let's try this again

This all should have been posted, but for some reason when I hit 'publish,' it all went kapoot. I had decided to take Paisley to the zoo because the weather was 80 degrees and gorgeous, and she's not all that into parks yet. I don't like them much either because I have to follow her up the equipment because I'm afraid she'll fall off the edge. She's pretty adventurous and doesn't realize how easily she could fall. I mean, she falls all the time in our house, just walking around. Imagine if she was looking over an 8 foot drop? And yes, I'm really paranoid about that. Here's P in her darling summer dress. For any Gilmore Girls fans out there, doesn't she look like Rory in this picture?
The sound for this picture would include a lot of growling and hissing. She teases these poor cats, and the result is that she has bite marks all over her arm. She doesn't care. At all. Obviously.
Getting ready to head into the zoo and rockin' the glasses. She'll wear them around the house, then walk around the house with her arms out in front of her, as would a blind person.

Wallaby. I'm not sure how much P enjoyed the zoo, or how much she could see from her stroller. This zoo doesn't contain all of it's animals, just merely puts up a few wood slats to indicate where people go versus where animals go. I know that if I had let P out of the stroller, she would have immediately been under that fence and chasing the wallaby and ostriches, thinking they were really big cats. For instance, at the park today someone had a little puppy and she zoomed in on that, ran over to it, knelt down and very excitedly said "hi! hi! hi! hi!"
There are about 2 dozen peacocks that just wander around. They're absolutely gorgeous. Paisley DID try to chase them.

Ginormous anteater. I think he was my favorite.
On the way home. She had eaten all of her goldfish, and then fell asleep. Don't worry, I was stopped when I took the picture.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so funny :) Glad the weather has warmed up & you enjoyed your time outdoors!

Lonna said...

Those curls are cute!

...going through the blogroll at Pocket Change...

Erin said...

Love those glasses!! I can't wait til Hailey's this age. P is too cute...I just love her hair! The longer Hailey's hair gets it's turning straight on us, no more curls! :o(

Kristin said...

Life is so entertaining at your house. I think the blind baby act is hilarious. Logan does this funny Stevie Wonder thing when he has sunglasses on. I wonder what's up with these two?

The last pic is precious. But come on, you don't just turn around while driving to take pics of your sleeping kiddo? I thought we all did that ;)

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures. Funny, we took Julia to the KC zoo last Saturday. We should have scheduled that trip together, or something! I was disappointed - even tho admission was cheap, we didn't see much except the kangaroos, the birds, and the camels. I wanted girraffes, elephants, and all that cool jazz. Maybe this summer.

My blog envy comes from your consistent pictures and videos and you writing style.

Tonya said...

she is gorgeous and I love the little dress.. I wish we were getting weather like that!!! Love her sunglasses as well.. Randie will not keep those on her face.. lol

Anonymous said...

love that car seat, so stylish!

Chastity said...

Oh my gosh...she does look just like Rory!!!

Laura said...

I just love all her hair; she looks so cute with the pigtails!!! Charles better be investing in a shotgun soon to keep all those boys away!!!! JK, Laura