Monday, March 19, 2007

music and babies

Is it bad that I put on Baby Einstein for Paisley so that I can get a few minutes alone on the computer? I guess I shouldn't ask, because I'd do it anyway. Everybody needs 5 minutes of sanity.

Since I was tagged by Kristin, I'll go ahead and do this for both Paisley and myself. Especially considering that P listens to whatever I listen to. And she likes it, dammit.

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what they are. They must be songs you are presently enjoying. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

I'm going to change it just slightly, because I've been listening to entire albums. We have a 5 disc CD changer (definitely not as cool as my dad's. His is a 700 disc changer, or something crazy like that), so I put in 5 that I like, then hit random. Our random doesn't work so well though, and it tends to play the same 5 songs over and over and over. The first 5 here are what are in the cd player, so here goes:

1)Dixie Chicks Home. I will say that I especially like #12. I'm not at all into country, but LOVE them. I think Natalie Maines has an amazing voice.

2)Modest Mouse Good News for People who Love Bad News

3)Modest Mouse Moon and Antartica-Saw them in concert when I was pregnant. Concerts are NOT FUN pregnant.

4)The Shins Chutes too Narrow

5)Franz Ferdinand Franz Ferdinand

6)Fergie-I am almost ashamed to admit this. But sometimes I still wish I was in high school, so it's suitable. I made a few mixed cd's for the car (I usually listen to books on CD), and she's prominent on them, and I usually skip to her songs.

7)Lily Allen Smile-This sounds like it's a sweet little ditty until you listen to the words.

Now I'm supposed to tag 7 people. I don't think 7 people even read this blog, but here goes. Erin, Laura, Angie, Beca, Kate, Emma, and Emma.

We don't have any new pics of Paisley, so I'll put this one up of her and my brother Alex, from this time last year. He and his lovely wife Jenny had their first baby last Friday, and named him Miles. We're so excited for them, and they will be amazing parents. I hope they don't mind that I'm posting these pictures, since I didn't get permission, but they probably don't look at this anyway.



6 comments:

Kristin said...

Fergie is pretty freakin' catchy. Although, I laugh when Bill sings "My humps". He got brainwashed at the gym he used to work at & would come home with it stuck in his head. This is what I think of when someone mentions her name. It makes for a good giggle!

angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh no! I've been tagged... I will give it some thought & post it when I get a chance.

(sorry about all the deleted messages. i'm always signing in with the wrong account)

Anonymous said...

Okay. I'm not posting this on my blog because my family reads it and they wouldn't get it & call me saying "huh?! What's that got to do with Ava?!" So, here it is.

Since I don't really listen to music for me anymore, this was kinda hard. Most of the music I listen to is either from Ava's children CD's or pop music with really good beats for her to dance to. So, I opened up my iTunes and came up with this:

1). "What Goes Around/Comes Around" by Justin Timberlake - I heart JT!

2). "Simple Kind of Life" by No Doubt - I've seen ND in concert twice and this is my all time favorite song from them. It chokes me up everytime I hear it. Especially before I became a mom.

3). "One" by U2 - Easily one of my favorite songs off all times. I listen to it often.

4). Anything by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Saw them in concert twice and they are by far the BEST band I've ever seen live. Ava seems to like them a lot as well. I think it's because I was 12 weeks pregnant when we saw them in concert in Vegas the 2nd time!

5). "Show Me What You Got" by Jay-Z - I love the beat behind it.. Ava getsd a good dance out of it too!

6). "Fergalicious" by Fergie - Again, Ava gets some good moves off this one. Have you seen the video of her dancing to it?

7). "Hate Me" by Blue October - Only when I listen to it around Ava I change the words to "Love Me" instead.

Nothing too interesting. It actually makes me sound pretty lame. I could have come up with a better list. Oh well!

Laura said...

OK, I have been tagged too; I am ashamed to admit I am enjoying the Justin Timberlake song --"What goes around comes around"--- I have also been loving and listening to a lot of the music by the Killers; the lead singer; Brandon Flowers fascinates me. I also am enjoying a lot of Blue October also!!!! I also love Eminem (edited however) I think he is so amazingly talented. ALthough, I think when my ringtone with his song went off outside the temple the other day, I realized I might need to change it; but I do love me some Eminem.
Also, anything by Lionel Richie; yes very extreme random taste!!!!

Tonya said...

No you are allowed the sanity time ;)