Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Off to the park

It's finally getting decent here, enough so that I can take P outside and let her run around. Today I loaded her up and took her to the park about 15 miles from here, although I don't know why I bother. I do it because the only park here in town is about 25 years old and has some of the scariest equipment I've ever seen. The one 15 miles away is really nice, with about 6 different sections and one just for toddlers. But of course Miss Paisley could care less, all she did was walk up and down the sidewalks. Greeting other kids with a very enthusiastic "hi." If mama sits on a bench though to watch, P has to sit on the bench with me. I think it's more of the novelty of sitting on the bench than being afraid to play. Strange kid.

P hasn't been taking her afternoon naps lately. Last night she slept from about 7 to 7, then took her morning nap from 9:30 to 11:30, then wouldn't take an afternoon nap. I don't mind, I just think it's strange that she'll sleep in the morning, not long after she's just slept for 12 hours, but won't in the pm. Any ideas?

This is how she was today. Very clingy. That's (one) reason that I wanted to get out of the house. We also took a long walk before dinner, and I let her get out and walk awhile (with the intention of wearing her out). I have to say though, I don't really mind her hugging my legs, because I like knowing that she needs me. Charles and I were discussing the other day why she never says "mama," yet she says "daddy" all the time. I think it's because she takes me for granted. I'm always with her, whereas daddy comes and goes.


Her dolly, Dora. It's hard to tell but P is feeding Dora a chip. Someone stumbling on this blog might think this is the most asinine thing ever, but I love it, she put Dora in her highchair, fed her, and also gave her the sippy cup (which I didn't get on film). I especially love that Dora gets carried around by her hair.
This is how small our town is; my friend and I were walking today, we walked through the cemetary and we were leaving as two older women were coming in. They commented on P's hair (of course), then one said, "oh, this must be Paisley!" Huh? I had never seen either of these women before, yet they knew who my daughter was. Maybe they'd heard about her hair? I'm still trying to figure that one out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! A total stranger knew who P was? You do live in a small town!

Ava doesn't say mama either (but says dada ALL THE TIME). I agree with your reasoning. Daddy comes and goes so when they see them it's special & exciting. Whereas mom is ALWAYS around.