Tuesday, May 22, 2007

No photos today

Happy freakin' birthday Charles. But not really, since we don't "celebrate" your birthday anymore. Not for the past 2 years, at least. Last year wasn't really a birthday either, but a good excuse for me to make a cake. Which I did again this year. And had to run to the store on two separate occasions because I messed up. The cake turned out great though, and the icing? Oh my gosh the icing is to die for. A pound of butter, a pound of shortening, 2 pounds powdered sugar...I actually had a ton left over so I ended up making cupcakes and delivering to some neighbors.

I've been trying for 2 days now to upload the photos of the cake and Charles' present, but I can't get them to load. Here's a video though of P trying to blow out the candle, and getting a little concerned about the smoke.


Blow on the hot Paisley! Blow on the hot!


In other news, Charles' sister Kate is in DC, where she was chosen as one of two delegates from Utah to attend the Livestrong conference(?). I'm not really sure what they did there, but the organization means a lot to me, and probably most people can relate somehow. Read these, they're interesting, and about Kate.

Article 1
Article 2

3 comments:

Tonya said...

that is adorable :) love the little faces!!

Erin said...

Cute video!

Kate said...

Sorry about the misquotes and mistakes in the first article, Ashley. I was very sleep-deprived and I gave the reporter TONS of information through which she had to sift.

I sure as hell don't remember saying, "Anyone can do anything." Don't I sound SMART?

I'll write more about LIVESTRONG® Day and what we did on Capitol Hill for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. I did go around telling everyone that you gave me my first bracelet and that's how I became aware of the Foundation...

Thanks again for the wristband, Ashley,
Much Love,
Crazy Kate of Le Monde de Kate de Fromage