Sunday, May 6, 2007

We ARE in Kansas

This has been the most exciting week in the two years that we've lived in middle of nowhere KS. Storms, floods, tornados. It started with lots and lots of rain Monday or Tuesday, 6 inches in just a few hours. Enough rain to flood one of our main roads of out town and almost evacuate an itty bitty town, and wash out the other main road to town. We were stuck, sorta. Then it rained most of the week, tornados here and there (and if anyone is not familiar with the recent KS tornado-please pull your head out of your ass), we had to go to our hidey hole with Charles' mom, the cats, had to wake Paisley up to take her down there. Very exciting overall. It's finally sunny here, although I think it's still rained at least once everyday. Lots of our neighbors had flooded basements, but we somehow lucked out. The storm did blow out part of our computer, a part we had just replaced LAST WEEK. Luckily the computer place let us replace it for free, but we've been without internet for a few days.

Paisley is now sick, runny nose, sneezing, coughing, not eating, rubbing her ears. She finally ate some dinner, and afterwards started whining and pointing to her tummy. Poor kiddo, it's so hard to know what to do for them when they're not feeling well.

10 comments:

Emma in Canada said...

It says May 6th up there but I've been looking all week for updates and saw nothing until now. Glad to hear you guys are fine.

Ashley said...

I actually wrote this on Sunday, but I was at my dad's house and couldn't do links on his Mac, so I saved it until today.

Anonymous said...

I KNEW something was up... glad everything is alright. Aside from P's not feeling well :( I hope she gets better soon.

Wendy said...

Glad to hear that you all stayed safe! My sis lives in Kansas and I tried for days to get her! Finally, I did and was relieved that they were all safe! I forget how big Kansas is! Hope that Paisley feels better soon.

Tonya said...

Glad to hear you are all safe.. that would be scary and luck you guys didn't get flooded in your basement..

I feel ya with the don't know what to do for them when they have tummy aches etc.. going through the same thing over here!

Unknown said...

I've been dying to hear how you were!! Glad yall are OK!!!

Kristin said...

I'm glad you're all safe & sound. That's way too scary!

Joanna said...

Glad to hear you were all alright. Hope that Paisley gets feels better soon!

Erin said...

Hope P gets to feeling better soon! I've been thinking about your guys, I'd heard about all the crap going on over there...was hoping you all were ok. It's been raining a ton here too, they're doing the whole "Flood Watch 2007" thing on the news. It was hot and sunny today though. I can't believe all the rain we've gotten, it's insane. Glad you're ok!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear you are ok. I started checking your blog just to see if you guys were close to the tornado's. Sounds pretty scary to me. Atleast you are all ok!