Sunday, May 20, 2007

Summer time...and the livins' easy


It's definitely summer now, and we're all making the most of it. It's funny to start seeing the neighbors after not having seen most of them for about 6 months. Now everyone is outside playing, gardening, etc. P and I try to get out as much as possible. She's tan already, of course. I'm still just mostly pink. She LOVES playing in the little pool, could stay in there for hours.
I could go on and on about all the new stuff she's saying and doing, but that would take a few hours, cuz she's so darn cute. Our favorite thing now is probably "get down." She's been saying this for quite awhile now, usually yelling it while standing on a chair that she knows she shouldn't be on, but lately she's learned to say it when she actually wants to get down, like from her high chair. She also says it when she wants up, which is very cute. Charles and I will say, "do you mean up?" and she'll pause a second, then say "up!" I love seeing her little mind working and making those connections. I was gardening this afternoon, pulling some weeds, she'd pick them up, bring them to me and say "uh oh," then very gingerly would place them back in the garden. She also loves flowers, but knows they're not to touch, so she'll point to each. individual. flower. and say "what's dis?" Flower flower flower flower flower! Today we turned away for a second and she had gotten all of my gardening tools out and scattered them across the driveway. She also managed to escape into our neighbors backyard where they have a cool Little Tikes slide, which our neighbor says we can use at any time, but I still want Paisley to learn manners and to ask before she just plays on someone's stuff. She was highly disappointed that both her father and I had to chase her down on separate occasions and tell her no. So grandparents...hint hint, if you feel like getting P a present!
She's just such a funny little girl with such a big personality. I don't think I ever realized how interesting small children are, she continuously has me amazed and laughing. She eats like a horse, sleeps really well, and can be really grumpy. Sounds like her mama. The other day for example she ate:
1/2 pancake
fruit
yogurt
yogos
2 hotdogs
7 chicken nuggets
cooked carrots
1 slice pizza
potato chips
Juice/water
I admit this day was a bit unusual, but not really. She's put on at least 4 pounds since her birthday in October, which I don't think is normal, but she seems perfectly healthy. And no, I didn't give her the potato chips, that's all her dad's doing. He's kind of a push over when it comes to Paisley, I can see him giving into her a lot as she gets older!
Forgot to say that P's other new thing is saying "tank ooh." I LOVE it. Instead of throwing her food on the floor when she's finished, she hands it to me saying "tank ooh!" When she gives anyone anything, she says it. It's so cute, and it makes her seem like a polite little girl instead of the wild heathen she really is.

6 comments:

Laura said...

The pictures are so beautiful of Paisley! You are a great photographer!

Ashley said...

Laura-It's purely luck. I have to erase A LOT just to have a few decent ones. But I'm sure you know how hard it is to take good pics of small children!

Kristin said...

Those are some cute pics! And what an adorable outfit! You post gives me hope that someday Logan will hand over his plate & say "thank you" when he's finished, rather than throwing food EVERYWHERE.

Tonya said...

simply gorgeous! I know what you mean about having to erase loads and how hard it is to get pics!! Geez I am lucky to get a pic of Randie these days... lol

Erin said...

As always, she's adorable. She could be a little BabyGap model! Seriously.
I love the whole "tank ooh"...how cute is that?!?! That's awesome that she just hands her plate over. I always say it, but I wish you all lived closer...I think the girls would get along so well! And maybe P's good manners could rub off on Hailey a bit...

Anonymous said...

She has such striking blue eyes.

I'm jealous of your weather right now (yes, & I'm here in San Diego). May is known as "May Grey" (and we also have "June Gloom"). The weather is dreary and chilly. It stinks! Bring on July!!!!!