Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Wanna see pictures of my kid?

Grandma and Grandpa are here visiting, well, Grandpa left, but Grandma is still here. It's so nice that she came so that I can take long naps every morning to hang out with us and see Paisley. Paisley really seems to enjoy the company, but it also seems to make her clingier to me. I can't hardly go to the bathroom without P crying and screaming in terror that I'm leaving her. Grandma has taught P to say "right back" when I leave, and she'll chant that over and over until I reappear. I really hope this is a stage. In one sense it's nice to feel so needed, but I would like to pee in relative peace one day.

Baked cheetos. A wonderful snack for most people, but they're Paisley's main staple. At least they're baked. Cheetos and Yogos. I think she'd be hard pressed to choose between the two.

She's not really asleep in this picture. I can't remember the last time she fell asleep on someone or someplace besides her bed.
Mommy (I've progressed from Mama to Mommy) trying to get a kiss. She used to give them to me all the time, but now she pushes my face away. She'll kiss her little boyfriend Cobey (or BOPPY! to her, whom she yells for all day), Dora the doll, but not me. I think the next picture was her pushing me away.

I got her some of those bathtub crayons. She LOVES them. I don't, because that means the tub has to be scrubbed after every use.


We took Grandma and Grandma to the local park (15 miles away), and they all had a grand time.
There are 4 baby swings, and Paisley insisted on getting in every single one.



Yesterday, Grandma and I took P to the zoo. She liked the animals, but seemed wary of the really ugly pig that she could get really close to. This is the same enclosure where I got attacked by goats. Ok, not exactly, but I had one jump up on me and get my shorts dirty. Close enough.

The reading chair. I love that she'll grab a book and then sit here.







Chocolate and tv daze. What could be better?

10 comments:

Laura said...

She is SUCH a beautiful little girl! She also seems to have quite the personality! I wish you lived nearby so we could meet at the park and let the kids play!

Anonymous said...

Ava has those same sandals!

She's sooooo cute. Where do you buy her clothes because she is always dressed so pretty!

And and don't feel bad about the kisses... Ava used to kiss me all the time too & now I get pushed away, or smacked in the face even!

Wendy said...

cute pictures! She is so adorable:)

Unknown said...

I have that same shirt you're wearing in the picture of the two of you :) I wish we lived closer, because I would pay you for all of her hand-me-down clothes!!! They are ADORABLE!

Joanna said...

She is such an adorable little girl. I can't believe all that hair. My Pumpkin is 20 months and still don't have that much..I so long for the days I can do pig tails...

Tonya said...

OMG those are adorable pics.. I could not even keep an elastic in Randie's hair and P has those pigtails.. WOW!!

Emmakirst said...

I'll try posting this again.
She's so cute, she's growing so much. I love the bathtub picture. :)

Kristin said...

Her last picture made me laugh! So cute! I totally love how she's making faces in the mirror too.

Anonymous said...

I want dibs on her hand me downs too, that girl has got style! Love the pics of her looking in the mirror!

Melanie said...

Couldn't tell you how I found your blog, but I am enjoying it!
Your little girl is adorable. Those eyes are so blue!