Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sick babies

I could tell Paisley hadn't been feeling good for a few days. She was grumpy, not eating, just not herself. I thought maybe a growing spurt, or teething, until yesterday when she started puking. Yuck. She just cuddled on Charles and me all day, watching "shows," taking lots of naps, etc. Towards the middle of the afternoon she seemed better, ate a few things, was playing, until 6 when she got really grumpy again. I asked her if she wanted to go night-night and she got her blanky and went and stood by her bed. All right, 6 o'clock, I figured she'd be up in either a few hours or at 4am. She woke at 7:40, the next morning. Covered in more puke. Gave her some juice and she threw that up. She's so picky and won't drink pedialite or pediasure, so it's just watered down juice. I wouldn't give her anything, but she cries and whines for her "joo." Then my friend calls, the mother of P's friend Cobey. He'd woken up today throwing up. It breaks my heart to see them so sick! Today P doesn't want to cuddle as much, gets annoyed when she's touched, but will still come to me and hold up her arms and say "down." I've got to teach her the difference, but it's pretty funny. She's now down for her third nap today. I figure if she's still throwing up tomorrow, I'll call her dr, but right now I'm sure they'd say there's nothing they can do. She ate a little bit of applesauce and chicken for dinner. Keep your fingers crossed that she keeps it down and feels better!


4 comments:

Tonya said...

aww poor girl... I hope she keeps down her dinner and feels better real soon! It is so hard to see them sick :(

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor P! I hope she feels better soon!

Kristin said...

Get well soon, P!

Wendy said...

AWW! I hope she is feeling better by the time you read this comment:)